Join Our Design, Outdoor Space Building, Lawn and Maintenance Team
WE ARE HIRING!
If you are interested in a career at US Lawn and Landscape, please download our application and submit completed with a current resume to:
US Lawn and Landscape is seeking a motivated individual to manage its field operations in Bowling Green, KY. The company is looking to grow its footprint within South Central Kentucky, and this position will be critical to accomplishing that goal.
Potential candidates should be highly organized, multi-tasking, self-sufficient, and customer-centric with strong leadership skills. The operations manager is responsible for overseeing multiple employees which are divided into specialized crews and will be tasked with jobsite coordination and progression. This position will also work with vendors and customers through contract negotiations.
- Plans and manages employee work schedules and time sheets.
- Oversees equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Creates and manages department budget including costs of labor, equipment and job materials.
- Inventory maintenance.
- Customer relations and ensuring crews keep jobsite organized.
- Contract estimations and negotiations.
- Ensures contracts are followed through.
- Reports all change-orders and reissues estimated costs to customer.
- Holds daily planning meetings with crew leaders ensuring all directions are understood and followed.
- Ensures all staff adhere to safety policies and guidelines.
- Conducts daily morning huddle/safety meeting.
- Investigates any accident or safety violation, prepares appropriate reports, and takes action steps to correct and prevent future occurrences.
- Train, coach and mentor new field employees.
- Conduct daily jobsite check-ins helping to identify and resolve any onsite problem.
- Quality control and analysis.
- Works with business owner on cost control, maintaining job margin, appropriate inventory costs, labor overhead and other associated budgetary items.
- Oversight on product warranties.
- Develops and improves work methods and standards.
Successful Behaviors :
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to build effective work teams
- Self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Results and action oriented
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to organize and multi-task activities.
- Ability to delegate and follow-up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Profit driven
- Effective problem-solving skills, ability to handle adversity
- Performs and demands excellent quality in work
- Service and teamwork oriented.
- Customer centered and focused
- Focus on learning and self-development
- Experience in business management, including basic accounting skills
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft office)
3+ years of experience managing landscapes/maintenance crews
Strong communication skills, verbal, written and physical.
Must have a valid driver’s
Job Type: Full-time
*Salary: $40,000- $45,000/year depending on experience
*Access to a company vehicle